DuCard policies and procedures
Our goal is provide a safe, relaxing and uncrowded wine experience in our gorgeous setting, with outstanding wines, our hallmark customer service and a unique vibe – in these challenging times just as we do anytime
- Open Monday-Thursday 12-5 PM, Friday 12-9 PM, and Saturday and Sunday 12 noon -6 PM.
- Reservations available on line, and highly recommended (details below).
- All seating outside on our expansive lawns and under our open-air tent, at tables, socially distanced – inside areas for ordering and bathrooms only. Customers can bring their own tents, subject to approval and placement by DuCard.
- Current policy: all customers must wear masks indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Strict adherence to social distancing required.
- We will continue to support local music, with local artists performing Saturday afternoons in a mellow way that enhances your overall experience.
- We offer full service wine flights, in our crystal glassware, served at your table by a friendly and knowledgeable staff member – a great way to sample the full range of our wines. We also offer bottle sales for all current releases, for here or to take home.
- Customers are welcome to bring picnics and outside food. A limited selection of prepackaged snacks will be available for purchase at DuCard.
- Children and pets are always welcome at DuCard.
Details of our Reservations Program
- On-line reservations for two hour time blocks will be available and encouraged, especially for Saturdays, through ducardvineyards.com/reservations – this is the way to ensure we can accommodate you.
- Wine Club Members: submit form or just contact us directly to reserve your table, with priority access either way.
- No fee for reservations and no ‘minimum’ charges for customers. In fairness, “no shows” will not be permitted to make future reservations.
- Some limited walk-up capacity will be retained, but if we are already full you will not be able to join us, we will be happy to pack a ‘to go’ order for you.
- Note that 2 PM and 4 PM reservations will include one full set of music from performers scheduled that day (check website).
Health and Safety Policies and Procedures for Guests and Staff
- No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19 or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days is permitted to enter.
- By entering our property, customers voluntarily accept the risks associated with potential COVID-19 disease transmission, notwithstanding our use of health and safety protocols specified by the Governor of Virginia and the CDC, and release, discharge and waive all liability from DuCard and covenants not to sue relating to COVID-19 related issues.
- DuCard reserves the right to refuse service to anyone based on potential disease status, or to terminate service to anyone not complying with all health and safety requirements and procedures in place at DuCard.
- For anyone not meeting required standards, we will be happy to pack up a wine order to go
- Enhanced sanitation is in place– we will be cleaning tasting room and bathrooms on an hourly basis, and cleaning at tables in between customers, plus extensive hand washing.
- Hand washing station and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Please assist our cleaning protocols by bussing your own tables – trash cans and wine glass wash racks in place on patio and as you leave.
- We ask for your patience and understanding as we strive to serve you well during this period.