Coronavirus: Customer and Staff Safety and Cleanliness (Updated July 2021)
This message details the policies and procedures in place at DuCard Vineyards during COVID to help ensure the safety and comfort of our guests and our staff.
- We are following all CDC recommended precautions, and will follow any further instructions from the VA Governor’s Office or other health authorities.
- Masks are not required if you are vaccinated. DuCard staff continue to wear masks when greeting and serving you while inside our building, as a courtesy to you.
- Guests are asked to sanitize their hands at our outdoor station before entering.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are available at several stations in the tasting room.
- Our staff is washing hands and using sanitizer liberally on an ongoing basis.
- We disinfect all surfaces in the tasting room and bathrooms upon opening, at closing and during the day, including tables in between customer uses.
- All glassware and utensils are washed at 180 degrees after each use.
- Anyone on our staff who does not feel well is asked to stay at home – as we do with flu and other health conditions.
- Similarly, if you are sick, we ask that you stay home, and if we feel you have symptoms that make our staff or other customers uncomfortable, in our sole discretion we will ask you to go home – and give you a coupon to come back next time for a complimentary tasting.
- Rather than traditional stand up ‘tastings’ at the bar, we offer full service seated wine flights with a selection of our wines served in crystal glassware at your own table by friendly and knowledgeable DuCard staff. All our wines are available for sale by the bottle as well.
- Our operation is small and known for not attracting large crowds. Our maximum capacity is about 200 people, spread across two bar areas, a deck, two large patios and grass lawns. Depending on the day and time, we may have just 25 to 50 people on premises. You will normally have a lot of room to spread out during your visit.
- Large groups (9 or more) are asked to make advance appointments, and we do not normally attract many, if any, tour buses anyway.
- Wine Club members: as you know, we are set up to hold your allocations until the next time you come to DuCard – so there is no need for you to come and get them if you feel uncomfortable traveling at whatever point in time.
Thank you for your understanding. As members of the extended DuCard family we will continue to look forward to your visit. Please check the website for any changes in our event schedule, hours or other procedures.