Coronavirus: Customer and Staff Safety and Cleanliness (3/11/20)
This message details the policies and procedures in place at DuCard Vineyards during this novel coronavirus situation to help ensure the safety and comfort of our guests and our staff.
- We are following all CDC recommended precautions, and will follow any further instructions from the VA Governor’s Office or other health authorities.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are available at several stations in the tasting room.
- Our staff is washing hands and using sanitizer liberally on an ongoing basis.
- We disinfect all surfaces in the tasting room and bathrooms upon opening, at closing and during the day, including tables in between customer uses.
- All glassware and utensils are washed at 180 degrees after each use.
- There is no one working in our tasting room, or their spouses, who has traveled outside the US in the past 60 days.
- Anyone on our staff who does not feel well will be asked to stay at home – as we do with the flu and all other health conditions.
- Similarly, if you are sick, we ask that you stay home, and if we feel you have symptoms that make our staff or other customers uncomfortable, in our sole discretion we will ask you to go home – and give you a coupon to come back next time for a complimentary tasting.
- We offer a Seated Flights option, where you have your own table and table service from our staff which allows you more space and avoids any jostling or close contact at the tasting bar.
- Our operation is small and known for not attracting large crowds. Our maximum capacity is about 200 people, spread across two bar areas, a deck, two large patios and grass lawns. Depending on the day and time, we may have just 25 to 50 people on premises. You will normally have a lot of room to spread out during your visit.
- Large groups need advance appointments, and we do not normally attract many, if any, tour busses anyway. During this virus situation we will not accept appointments from groups travelling in busses.
- Hard as it is for owner Scott and our friendly staff, we are suspending handshakes and hugs for now. We still love you all though and appreciate your business.
- Wine Club members: as you know, we are set up to hold your allocations until the next time you come to DuCard – there is no need for you to come and get them if you feel uncomfortable travelling at the moment.
Thank you for your understanding. As members of the extended DuCard family we will continue to look forward to your visit – whenever that is. Please check the website for any changes in our event schedule, hours or other procedures.